With 2008 fast approaching, why not cook up a meal that will nicely see you through to the new year! On todays menu we have:
Cooking time: 2- 2 ½ hours.
Oven temperature: 220 C, 425 F, gas 7.
1. Sirolin rib- 1.75-2.25 kg/4-5 lb, boned and rolled.
2. Table Salt
3. Ground Pepper
4. Dripping- 2 oz./50g.(For the Yorkshire Puddings*)
5. Plain flour- 4 oz/100g.
6. 2 Eggs
Cooking Instructions :
1. Place the beef in a roasting tin with the thickest layer of fat on the top.
2. Lightly season the beef with table salt and pepper (all purpose seasoning also works well) and spread with the dripping.
3. Roast the beef in a preheated oven, basting several times. A great meal suggestion would be small roast potatoes alongside the joint.
4. Take the beef to a warmed serving dish with the roast potatoes and those lovely Yorkshire puddings!.